Sometimes updates are released multiple times a day. At other times we might be a few weeks working on a major feature. This changelog provides a summary of changes released prior to each date listed.
- Fix multi-landlord e-signatures.
- Improve "alerts" visibility on the main property list (since it's no longer available on the dashboard).
- Update tenant message emails to clarify how to reply.
- More consistent page load times for the main property list.
- Page load speed improvements - property list and others.
- Fix bug for some certificate file downloads.
- UI update: simplified dashboard to just select between products - bookmark either Prospector or Manager homepage to skip the dashboard.
- UI update: improved profile menu ordering.
- Export tax return figures as a spreadsheet.
- Update data export/backup with newer fields.
- Improved filtering on tenants list.
- Better support for limited company AST generation.
- Clearer display of required documents and utilities steps in the new tenancy checklist.
- Improve HMO mandatory/additional licencing display on the compliance report.
- New: re-use of a single tenant record across multiple tenancies (eg when renewing a tenancy via a new contract/tenancy).
- Support direct deletion of individual rental units.
- UI improvement simplifying the tenant portal page layout for tenants.
- New: custom branding for the tenant portal.
- Fix: potential issue with dates when adding an expense.
- New: option to split expense categories on the profit and loss report.
- New: estimated rental value, and link to Prospector comparables, in the "Local" tab.
- New: market rents and missing income report.
- New: custom branding support in emails sent to tenants.
- Fix: add some missing pages/actions to the global search.
- Fix: missing thumbnail images when viewing tasks.
- Update subscription payment integration (Stripe), ready to support Direct Debits.
- Fix: incorrect access restriction on iCal sharing setup.
- Fix: prevent "completed" e-signature document status from being overwritten by further opens.
- Fix: e-signature processes for properties with multiple landlords.
- UI update: improved tenant issue (task) reporting in the tenant portal.
- UI update: improved visibility of past reported issues in the tenant portal.
- Support adding attachments (including photos) to issues via the tenant portal.
- Improved tenant/landlord ticket emails - now similar to tenant messaging emails.
- Allow manual editing of Open Banking account labels.
- Support AST generation for tenancies that start with a rent-day adjustment period.
- UI update: improve distinction between Property Manager and Property Prospector on the subscription page.
- Support Metro Bank via CSV upload, because they don't support Open Banking properly.
- UI update: only show current/recent tenants when creating tasks.
- New compliance report.
- Support connecting a supplier to a specific role at a property (eg cleaner or management company), to provide quick access from the property overview.
- Provide specific repeating expense slots for service charges and ground rent per property.
- New "block" property support - to group other properties, represent freeholds, and provide a place for expenses and other details that span rental properties.
- Support annually repeating expenses.
- UI update: new page for quick access to all messages, across all tenants/tenancies.
- Support fire alarm, emergency lighting and selective licence and specific certificate/licence document types.
- Include council HMO licencing information on the property overview.
- Fix: ensure all tenants in an HMO receive a copy of updates safety certificates (when set).
- UI update: new "Reports" section to hold previous portfolio overview and related report pages.
- New Profit and Loss report.
- UI update: improved Open Banking account list and navigation.
- New calendar view, showing past and future rents and reminders.
- Expose new calendar over iCal for import into cloud calendars (Google/Microsoft/etc)
- Automatic matching of rents in Open Banking feeds - using per tenancy bank references.
- Improve new tenancy process with guidance when no deposit scheme has been selected.
- Support storing bank details for suppliers - for easy reference when making payments.
- Fixes: prevent issues around the editing of tenancy start dates.
- Improve agent fee invoice creation.
- Improve prompts and information around rent changes.
- Improve introduction and onboarding emails.
- Support landlord fund transactions from Open Banking feeds.
- Support creation of landlord invoices for agency fees.
- Improve rent record spreadsheet download (better property/tenancy details).
- Show preview for council tax and utility emails before sending.
- Include landlord (or agent) details in all council tax and utility emails.
- BCC the sending user on council tax and utility emails.
- Set the reply address on council tax and utility emails to the sending user.
- Improve the permission denied error message for users with access to multiple accounts.
- Fix: warn when trying to create a multi-unit tenancy with no units defined.
- Support moving the rent-day (eg changing the day of the month), for existing and new tenancies.
- Improve product information on the subscription page.
- Improve data fields for limited company landlords.
- Don't show personal tax information for limited companies.
- Fix links in the plain text version of some emails.
- Support landlord funds - holding a balance, recharging expenses, monthly statements.
- Large UI code refactor (you should not see any changes!).
- Fix SMS alerts.
- Support "splitting" of an Open Banking transaction to support single payments that cover multiple expenses and/or rent.
- New tenant communications page - showing full history.
- New tenant messaging support in the tenant portal (recorded in PaTMa and sent by email).
- Updated all graphs for improved visuals and options.
- Move MTD pages to be in tabs alongside the existing tax pages.
- Improve SMS alert text.
- New tenancy actions (process/checklists):
- Property inspection.
- Rent review.
- Tenancy end.
- Consolidated tenancy actions UI for above, new tenancy and tenant changes.
- Warn before re-sending a previously sent e-signature request.
- Add e-signature history page.
- Add ability to cancel an existing e-signature request.
- Notify account admins if an e-signature request email bounces.
- Better page titles for improved labels in browser tabs.
- Improve repeated expense entry UI.
- Improve Open Banking expense creation UI.
- Fix login issues for users with mixed case email addresses.
- Support specific storage type for HMO licences.
- Update AST templates.
- Improve utility tracking in HMOs.
- Fix recording of contract sending on the new tenancy process.
- Fix when calculating future rents on tenancies with rent changes and an end date set.
- Improve tenancy creation UI for HMOs.
- Improve checklist UI.
- Improve unit/room creation UI for HMOs.
- Fix for tenancy visibility when a property changes between single let and HMO.
- Fix new tenancy process - don't prompt for impossible actions (when data is missing).
- Improve automated council tax notification emails.
- Global search now includes data search and multi-step action selection.
- Fix for task display without a property.
- Improve tab navigation and use of browser back/forward buttons.
- Fix for task display without a note.
- Fix for missing rent schedules.
- Improve global search navigation.
- Fix missing save button on preferences page (oops!).
- Lots of UI consistency fixes.
- Add ability to mark an old mortgage as "closed".
- Global search for quick access to common commands and pages.
- Improve return points following many edit pages - page and scroll point.
- UI improvement - "Save" buttons in header when editing.
- Add automatic council tax notification email to new tenancy process.
- Improved email control options.
- Support automated email to utility providers within new tenancy process.
- Support pre-existing suppliers for well known companies (eg utility suppliers).
- Improve Open Banking transaction matching UI.
- Offer automatic matches for Open Banking transactions against single expenses and due rents.
- Improve profile menu.
- Improve language on MTD pages following feedback from HMRC.
- New portfolio spreadsheet download - ideal for mortgage applications.
- Xero integration / synchronisation for properties, tenants and rent.
- Advanced property key location tracking.
- Automatically match Open Banking transactions with repeating expenses.
- Ability to archive a rental property - archived properties are stored free of charge.
- Fix property stats summary on landlord pages.
- Fix bug that could allow deletion of the first rent schedule (disabling all rent).
- Support non-recurring, fixed length rental periods - allowing "rent day" adjustments.
- Ability to delete a tenancy directly, without contacting support.
- Monitor the area around each of your rental properties for planning applications.
- Approved for HMRC pilot of Making Tax Digital for Income Tax and Self Assessment.
- Property/portfolio "optimisation" page - test remortgage scenarios on your existing portfolio.
- Advanced multi-user permissions management.
- Property/portfolio CGT (Capital Gains Tax) estimates.
- Fix bug in inventory duplication process.
- Extension of UI re-work - migrate long pages to tabbed pages.
- Improve speed of large inventory PDFs.
- Updated Open Banking integration support.
- Show property summary on individual landlord pages.
- Support tracking of expense recharging to landlords.
- Improve rent quick-entry from Open Banking feed.
- Display portfolio summary stats on property listing page.
- Support "no gas supply" flag to silence gas safety warnings.
- Add portfolio ROE display.
- Improve stored mortgage information.
- Support storage of more types of (safety) certificates.
- Improve portfolio statistics layout and display.
- Automatically send new safety certificates to existing tenants, with e-signing, when updating (or manually later).
- Improve new tenancy checklist automation.
- Huge UI re-work - migrate long pages to tabbed pages.
- Much improved mobile accessibility.
- Improve support for large inventory PDFs (with 100s of images).
- Send a consolidated reminders email each day, rather than multiple.
- Fix bug in date-picker for rent schedules.
- New start / on-boarding / home / dashboard page to help you get started.
- Improve layout of new tenancy page.
- Making Tax Digital for Income Tax and Self Assessment in HMRC testing.
- Improved initial rental property creation process - clearer HMO and single-let distinction.
- Improve address auto-completion UI.
- Fully automated full data backup/export - it's your data, you always have complete access with no lock-in.
- Open Banking public release (from private beta) - streamline your data entry.
- Server cluster upgrades! Faster site.
- Add warning about new tenancy checklist completeness for non-England postcodes.
- Fix bug in HMO, per room utility records.
- Fix bug in "Cancel" destination when entering expenses.
- Improvement reliability of Open Banking integration.
- Improve the display of images attached to tasks.
- Improve the main property detail page UI.
- Improvements to Open Banking integration.
- Improve generated inventory content, including a table of contents.
- Add "check-in" step to new tenancy checklist.
- Improve EPC expiry display.
- Improve task display and editing.
- Don't send emails for very overdue tasks.
- Renewal reminder emails for EPCs.
- Open Banking support for easy rent and expense entry.
- Fix repeating expense date issue.
- Migrate to privacy protecting site stats - removing Google Analytics.
- Fix bug in landlord expense documents.
- Add Tenant Portal - contracts, documents, rent status and ticket access.
- Start Making Tax Digital integration work with HMRC.
- Easier entry of property addresses with auto-completion.
- Support automatic creation of deposit prescribed information documents.
- New and improved site layout and menu navigation.
- Show council contact details for all stored properties.
- Improved repeating expenses view.
- Fix a bug when deleting repeated expenses.
- Fix bug in repeated expense creation when adding an expense.
- Support moving expenses between individual properties and landlords (ie portfolio wide).
- Improved filters for finding expenses.
- Support repeating expenses - enter details once, just click to confirm each month.
- Fix a bug in the tax return display.
- More fine-grained email subscription controls.
- Increase expense search results.
- Fix mortgage expense quick-entry.
- Re-work and improve the expenses interface, enabling more flexible search and export.
- Add support for portfolio (landlord) expenses that do not need to be linked to a single property.
- Expenses spreadsheet download improvements - include tax category and fix formatting for amount.
- Improved tax category details for Expenses.
- Clarify "profit" on tax reports as "cash based", add a separate number showing the "profit" that HMRC use.
- New supplier fields: contact name, address, website.
- New supplier categorisation options.
- Improve supplier list filtering.
- New property inventory template - automatically populating with data from the property utilities.
- Fix safety certificate expiry date auto-calculation.
- Auto-copy Date Paid (or Invoice Date) when entering an expense - often all that's wanted or to provide a starting point.
Not specific to Property Manager but this week also included a major database upgrade (which unfortunately took longer than expected).
- Fix Task menu.
- Advanced support for utility supplier storage.
- Search and filter options for open and historic maintenance tasks.